Main Talk: Matt Holland: The State of Education in Utah Valley
Musician: Colette Nelson
President Holland's office said that he will focus on the following topics:
- Utah Valley Business/Job Growth
- Inclusion of oppressed/minority groups
- Separation of Church and State Education
- Utah Valley Job Growth - It's no secret Utah Valley is growing. How is UVU adapting to meet the business/job growth demand in Utah Valley?
- Inclusion - Students at UVU and the general population in Utah Valley is diversifying. Is he aware of that diversity and working toward better inclusion for minorities and oppressed groups?(women, lgbt, ethnic minorities etc...)
- Separation of Church and State - How is he working to make sure his beliefs and his church connections don't interfere with his work with the largest secular university in Utah Valley and in Utah for that matter.
Doors open at 10:00 a.m. for coffee and conversation.
Meeting begins promptly at 10:30 a.m. with live music.
Childcare is provided. Everyone is welcome!
Bring some food to share if you’d like.
Southworth Hall, 116 W Center Street in Provo
Utah Valley Oasis is a secular alternative to faith based community. Oasis welcomes everyone to join us for our weekly Sunday morning gathering which consists of discussion, a secular talk, coffee and snacks, and live music from some of the valley’s best.